The Booking Hall
This is the booking hall of the old railway station which still stands at Moniaive in South West Scotland. The details below are taken from Wikipedia.
Moniaive railway station is the closed station terminus of the Cairn Valley Light Railway (CVR) branch, from Dumfries. It served the rural area of Moniaive in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland.
The official opening day was 28 February 1905, accompanied by much local celebration, the first train of six corridor coaches being hauled by a Manson 4-4-0, Number 190. The journey to Dumfries took an hour and cost 2s. 6d. return fare. Archibald Wilkie from Kirkconnel station was Moniaive’s first station master, replaced by George MacDonald whose last charge had been Ruthwell station.
From 1906 to 1907 a bus ran from Thornhill to Moniaive to cater for prospective passengers, however it was not a success. The CVR was nominally independent, but was in reality controlled by the Glasgow and South Western Railway. The line was closed to passengers on 3 May 1943, during WW2 and to freight in 1949 on 4 July, and the track lifted in 1953. 1947 is also quoted as a date of complete closure. Moniaive had been one of the last places in Scotland to be connected to the railway network.